Sydney is arguably the most famous and loved city in Australia. It welcomes thousands of visitors from all over the world every year, many of them students. Sydney is a city full of adventure and wonders. It is a multicultural melting pot with people from many different cultures living, studying and working here. The vibe is young and upbeat and there is always something happening. Sydney has a vast public transport system, from buses to ferries and trains so it is easy to get around in Sydney. It has endless attractions from the famed Harbour, the Opera House, Bondi Beach to the magnificent National Parks in and around Sydney making it the perfect place to study, work and live.
Population 5.73 Million
Weather and Temperature
Sydney enjoys a sunny climate with mild winters and warm summers, perfect for making the most of the outdoor fun and exploring.
- Summer (December – February) temperatures from 18.6 – 25.8°C water temperatures 21.9 – 23.7°C
- Autumn (March – May) temperatures from 14.6 – 22.2°C.
- Winter (June – August) temperature from 8.8 – 17°C. rainfall is generally highest in June
- Spring (September – November) temperature from 11 – 23°C
Main Tourist Attractions
Following are some of the tourist attractions in Sydney.
- Sydney Harbour Bridge
- Sydney Opera House
- Bondi Beach
- The Rocks
- Harbour Cruises from Circular Quay
- Darling Harbour
- The Royal Botanic Garden Sydney
- Sydney Beaches
- Barangaroo Reserve
- Taronga Zoo
- Art Gallery of New South Wales
Average house price
Median house price in Sydney as of December 2019 is $1,142,212.
Average rental cost – $582
Average overseas student rental/accommodation cost
The average rent of student accommodation near the Central Business District (CBD) area is A$350-A$580 a week
Areas/suburbs in which students and overseas students would live
Camperdown, Ultimo, Surry Hills, Parramatta, and more are some of the popular places to stay in Sydney for students
Potential part time work for overseas students
Top 5 Jobs for Students in Sydney
- Bar Staff
- Wait Staff, Hospitality Staff
- Retail Staff
- Nanny & Babysitting
- Food Delivery
What sports are played in Sydney?
- Rugby League
- Football (soccer)
- Australian Rules football
- Rugby union